Pyrénées2vallées is building an image of a tourist destination thanks to the investment of the various tourist actors (residences and hotels, owners of furnished accommodation, resorts, service providers, activities, craftsmen and shopkeepers, offices of tourist offices, etc.), the first prescribers of the destination, and the Communauté de Communes which manages the economic activity of the territory. The latter has delegated the tourism competence to the Tourist Office Pyrénées2vallées, which is committed to the continuous improvement of the quality of tourist services and to contributing, together with the other stakeholders in the destination, to the satisfaction of visitors.
As a result, the TouristOffice Pyrénées2vallées is proud to share this commitment reflected in the following strategic choices:
1 - Welcome and manage information
With its visitors and the local population, the Tourist Office undertakes to:
- Provide accessible, clean premises with a wide range of opening hours.
- Welcome by listening to the specific needs of each person and limiting waiting time.
- Inform, advise and answer in a precise and complete way, extending the offer throughout the territory in several languages.
- Ensure a telephone, e-mail and mail reception, by responding accurately and quickly to requests.
- Manage and make available up-to-date documentation and tourist information on its territory, as well as on neighbouring destinations.
- Develop the most appropriate information dissemination tools for a rapid dissemination of the territory's commercial and tourist offer to facilitate and promote quality stay in the destination.
- Evaluate the satisfaction and opinion of its visitors via a satisfaction questionnaire, in order to improve the quality of services.
2 - Promote and enhance the territory's assets
To make the brand of the destination it represents visible, the Tourist Office undertakes to:
- Determine a strategic plan every 3 years with targeted actions and objectives for the territory's tourism development
- Promote this territory and its destination both online on its website or through digital campaigns and physical actions, as well as ensure the visibility of the Land of Art and History and Occitania Grands Sites labels that are awarded to it.
- Design and launch communication campaigns at different scales and with different media.
- Develop, conduct and monitor communications campaign strategies with the necessary corrective actions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Monitor the reputation of the destination and ensure its good referencing
- Participate in joint promotional actions with neighbouring destinations, the department, the region and any other promotional body (CDT/ADT).
- Create new tourism products that give meaning to the brand and market them
- Enhance the destination and its offer through distinct communication levers in order to reach a remote population, known as the stay population, and proximity population.
- Create and distribute photo and video media to ensure the best promotion and enhancement of the destination
3 - Commercialiser la destination
With prospects, visitors, tourism professionals, the Tourist Office undertakes to:
- Promote, in partnership with the Cultural Centre, a programme of guided tours to enhance the region's heritage and culture.
- Promote, in partnership with the region, the actions carried out around the label Occitania Grands Sites.
- Sell tourist products in partnership with local professionals.
- Develop a shop to promote local production and products around the Pyrénées2vallées brand.
- Manage a ticket office for visitors and the local population.
4 - Coordinate the socio-professionals and all local tourism stakeholders
With the social professionals and local stakeholders partners at the Office de Tourisme Pyrénées2vallées, the latter undertakes to :
- Act as a business provider for tourism professionals.
- To play the role of accompanying professionals in improving their performance by providing the necessary training, information and entertainment to qualify their offers, services and skills in welcoming tourists.
- Play the role of facilitator by uniting professionals around an identity and a destination story.
- Involve residents in the territory's tourism strategy and in the qualitative reception of visitors.
- To offer its members representation on the Board of Directors, the decision-making body of the Tourist Office, while respecting the representativeness of the stakeholders.
- Organize exchange meetings (early season review/perspective meeting, thematic working groups, comments, development of strategy and action plans)
- Communicate regularly with them on the orientations taken, local tourism observation, its actions and its quality approach via meetings and pro
- Provide the necessary tourist documentation (brochures, flyers).
- Carry out joint communication actions, visit their structure to improve knowledge of the offer, raise their awareness of Quality and sustainable development approaches, and welcome project leaders.
- Define the specific services and benefits for its members, presented on a dedicated support with clear tariffs, to develop this service offer according to their needs.
With its local authorities and institutional partners, the Tourist Office undertakes to:
- Participate in joint actions in line with the strategy of the Tourist Office.
- Participate in the network and dissemination of information and tourism observation at the departmental, regional and national levels.
5 - Internal management of the Tourist Office
To qualify, specialize, anticipate and innovate the skills, services and vision of tourism and the tourist reception of tomorrow.
With regard to its staff and the actors of the destination, the Tourist Office undertakes to:
- Train staff on an ongoing basis in order to specialize and improve expertise, provide them with the material resources to carry out their missions, integrate non-permanent or new staff and set up effective internal communication.
- Work with destination partners on joint projects and create centres of competence to rationalise and improve the quality of the services and resources available.
- Anticipate new tourist consumption habits by innovating and proposing new products in order to always appear as an attractive destination.
- Make quality a tool for service improvement and management.
- Ensure the quality of services by respecting the procedures of the entire team, collecting and analysing quality indicators, as well as setting up and monitoring any corrective actions.
- Reduce the impact of its activities on the environment.
- Introduce the notions of reactivity and anticipation into the company's culture.
- Strengthen its financial stability and sustainability.
Obtaining the "Quality Tourism" label must confirm our desire to position our territory as a destination that seeks daily efficiency, professionalism, action, development and performance to satisfy our visitors and local stakeholders. We are thus committed to placing these areas of work at the heart of our concerns.
To this end, a quality referent has been appointed within the Tourist Office to guarantee the continuity of this approach.
Our commitment: to be the first interlocutors and ambassadors of the Pyrénées2vallées brand, to contribute to the development of tourism by promoting the values of our destination. All visitors are considered as privileged guests of the destination.
More information on the official website of the Quality Tourism.